Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Never Give A Sword to a Man Who Can't Dance!

Truer words have never been spoken! Thank you Confucius. Fortunately I received my sword before I broke my back four months ago; however, I discovered the other night at a bonfire party that I could once again "shake the cake"! I'm no Beyonce, yet, but I'm still a Warrior of Light! I was watching a PBS special last night on Socrates and how his willingness to think, drink and be merry cost him his life in Athens. Are you willing to pay the price of thought? If so, then you have the honor and the right to become a Knight of Moleskine, Spirit and Ale. We have a lot of work to do to clean up thoughtless masses and those who manipulate them. Don't be afraid to stand out....and to MAKE A STAND! Some other quotes to consider: "Learn of Me. Kill the self. Every blow to self is used to shape the real, eternal, imperishable you. Be very candid and rigorous with yourselves. Did self prompt that? and if it did, oust it at all costs. It is not life and its difficulties you have to conquer, only the self in you." --Two Listeners
"Relax, do not get tense, have no fear. How can you fear change when your life is hid with Me. You must learn poise, soul-balance in a vacillating changing world." --Two Listeners
No matter how busy you may think you are, you must find time for reading, or surrender yourself to self-chosen ignorance. –Confucius
But if from there you seek the LORD your God, you will find him if you look for him with all your heart and with all your soul. -Deuteronomy 4:29
A Warrior for Peace and Peaceful in War,
Sir Hook

1 comment:

Sir Bowie of Greenbriar (a.k.a. David A. Kuhn) said...

Yes, I'm willing to die for my thoughts; however, I'm hoping to Think, Drink, and be Merry until a ripe old age.