Thursday, November 22, 2007

What Are You Thankful For?

I know that it's a "well worn" phrase and way of thought on this day we call, Thanksgiving; however, it still remains not only a valid point on this day, but a way of life everyday. What are you thankful for? I'd love to hear, and so would those who surround you (invited or not) on this day. So, here's my list: 1) I'm thankful to still have my family intact, especially after open-heart surgery, a car wreck that should have killed me and broke my back, and a marriage that almost hit the rocks, all within the past 5 years. Now we're healthier, stronger, and much more lovable and fun to be around! 2) I'm thankful to live in a country where I can express my thoughts without fear and for people like my son who will defend our right to do so in the military. 3) I'm thankful to be able to travel and show my family the world and all its magnificent wonders. The picture posted here was taken by Carlos, a Mayan guide who took us to Passion Island, off the coast of Cozumel. White sand, great food and all free Corona you could drink! Remember, Passion, your life's Passion, is a Play that you write on the Moleskine Journal God gives you. Please make it an interesting story, not only for yourself, but more importantly for those you LOVE!
Con Mucho Gusto,
Don Diego Hook

1 comment:

Sir Bowie of Greenbriar (a.k.a. David A. Kuhn) said...

Moleskine Psalms? I love that idea.

I'm thankful for this moment.
And God said, be thankful for this moment. It's a gift. That's why it's called the “Present!”
Carpe diem.

I'm thankful for the freedom to love and to create and to walk on my spiritual journey.

I'm thankful for my family and friends. I know that if I have failed in all other areas of my life, if I know I have the love of my family, I am a success.

I am thankful that there is perfection in the process and that there is no such thing as failure – only results (I wish I could remember that more often).

I'm thankful for clean running water and beer.
And, as a result...

I'm thankful for Thomas Crapper, inventor of the flush toilet.
On source I read said that he died on January 27, 1910. File that one away for a Knights of Moleskine, Spirit, and Ale outing to toast him.

Sir Bowie of Greenbriar