Monday, May 17, 2010

The Transformed Man!

Lady Suzanne and I met up with a few Knights (Lady Melinda of Burg of New, Sir Cock of the Walk, and Sir William of Keglers) the other night at the Newburgh, Indiana Wine, Art and Jazz Festival on the banks of the Ohio River (hopefully, someone with a camera will post some photos -- hint, hint!).





Participating vintners – Best Vineyards, Blue Heron, Buck Creek Winery, Carousel Winery, Easley Winery, French Lick Winery, Indian Creek Winery, Oliver Winery, Scout Mountain Winery, Turtle Run Winery, Windy Knoll Winery, and Winzerwald Winery.



After sipping around the vintners, we went back to Sir Cock of the Walk's house for a nightcap. There, he gave me one of the most unique gifts I have ever received: A copy of



originally released in 1968 -- includes:


1. King Henry The Fifth / Elegy For The Brave


2. Theme From Cyrano / Mr. Tambourine Man


3. Hamlet / It Was A Very Good Year


4. Romeo And Juliet / How Insensitive (Insensatez)


5. Spleen / Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds6. The Transformed Man


I did a quick search to see if I could find anything at all on this (guessing that there would be little or no information available). Now, I appear to have been lost in space on my own trek, because this seems to have a very large, world-wide cult following.


So, I present, without further ado, one of my favorite cuts off the album: William Shatner Captain Kirk of Star Trek, The Transformed Man, singing Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds.




Are you a Transformed Man or Woman?


Sir Bowie "Beam me up -- beam me to any planet where you can't hear this" of Greenbriar

2 comments:

dkWells said...

This rates up there with the CD of Tim McCarver you gave me! WOW! I'm transformed now, and ready to beam up with you too!

We missed the Wine Fest, had tickets, but was still too hung over from partying with young Australians in the Honky Tonks in Nashville after the Norah Jones concert. How well, good donation to a good cause!

Sir Hook the Transformed Man of Warrick

Sir Bowie of Greenbriar (a.k.a. David A. Kuhn) said...

Thanks for reminding me of "the rest of the story."

Sir Cock of the Walk is also a HUGE Cardinals fan (well, he's not physically huge, but you know). Anyway, I also gave him a copy of the Tim McCarver CD. This William Shatner CD is payback.



Sir Bowie "Maybe I'll return the favor by finding Mojo Priest by Steven Seagal" of Greenbriar